6.30.2013

::Vintage Market::

Remember I told you about my wee group of painting mavens?



We're all trying to make a go at flipping furniture and vintage goods, so we're working together brainstorming ideas and sharing techniques and tips.

One of the gals owns a shop in a small lake village nearby, so a few of us schlepped our wares up there and set up a vintage market in her parking lot.



Tons of fun.
Here's some pics I snapped of some of our set-ups...

Aimee of Restyled Vintage Designs did the turquoise table and frame set up on the right, and the other items are Sara's of  Revived


Look at this crackle!  Aimee is a new retailer for American Paint Company....she also sells out of a shop called Yesterday Once More in Shipshewana IN.


Sara and her hubby Eric brought lots of cool stuff....they turn over items faster than anyone I know!



And here's some yummy-ness from Kari's Cottage in the Woods Creations.  Love her painted yardsticks and signs!  That buffet is done in Annie Sloan's Cream....total bliss.



This was my set up....only brought a few small tables from The Serendipity House and tons of my handmade soap.



When things were slow, I brought along an assortment of paints and waxes, brushes and boards for us to try out new products and techniques.  I didn't get a pic of that because, well, I was playing with paint and waxes....


We've all had a great time getting to know each, sharing ideas and dreams.


I'm excited to see where our little group goes, and we're hoping to add more artists to the flock

I can't wait for the REAL Serendipity House to get itself built so I can host pop-up shows where my painting mavens can showcase their talent :)

Sharing at Claudia's A Favorite Thing party because new friends and vintage markets are definitely a couple of my favorite things!


11 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

How wonderful that you have found a group of women with whom you can collaborate and work toward a common goal!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Your display was lovely. Such a great idea to use a plate rack (Ikea's?) and what a lovely colour you painted it. I might still this idea... Can I?

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

So many pretty things! Sounds like a great group to work with! You are off and running!

Danylle McLain said...

What a great idea. I love your set up, I am sure it was a great success.

cairncottage said...

Sweet! I've been crazy busy the past few weeks and haven't stopped by lately. You are really doing some creative work! One of these days I will have to actually go to Ft. Wayne (I live about 40 miles away) and see your work firsthand! :) I noticed you've done some special projects for people. Would you ever do a personalized sign for my cottage? I've been wanting to get one. Anyways, great projects!
Ann @ Cairn Cottage (http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/)

NanaDiana said...

It sounds like it went well. I hope you have really good luck with your future sales. Love everything you gals are showing. xo Diana

Cassie Bustamante said...

everything looked amazing!!! what a great experience.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What a charming show...hope you gals can do it again.

Blessings,
Linda

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

You had me at turquoise. I'm a sucker for that shade, and with the liberal use of turquoise at your table, well I'm drawn like a moth to a flame. Very pretty it all is. I bet you all had a fun time working and selling together.

Sue xo

Susan Freeman said...

Wonderful treasures! I love the turquoise too.

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Claudia said...

So great that you have this lovely group of people as support - and they are talented, indeed.

I am loving your soap, by the way. How talented you are!

Thanks so much for joining in this week.

xo
Claudia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails