11.09.2011

Mr. Burlap Snowman



PSSSST...I'm no longer blogging here!
You can now find me at

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I seriously needed a break from doing wedding stuff, 
and decided to get some Christmas crafting done for Amy's shop.  
After digging thru my stash, I came up with 3 graduated wreath forms, 3 colors of burlap and some hot glue.
They became Mr. Burlap Snowman.


I just cut strips of the cream burlap and wrapped it around each form, 
then used a couple more strips to connect them to each other with some handy dandy hot glue.


Cut a couple strips of the natural burlap to make a scarf and then a strip down the front for the dark brown burlap button rosettes.


Used some black posterboard to make a top hat form, then cut the dark brown burlap to fit.  After a quick spray of adhesive, I added the natural strip and rosette to finish it off.


He looks pretty spiffy on my door, even though I'm SOOOOO not ready for snow.


He'll be for sale up at Like Yesterday starting tomorrow.
I hope he finds a new home in a friendly neighborhood with a family who will treat him with respect.
Or some such.




16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! I love the detail on the scarf.

Julie Harward said...

That is so cute Cindy..I could have sat there all day and not thought up something so cute! He is very dapper for sure! ;D

NanaDiana said...

Well, how cute is that, Cindy! You have SUCH a great imagination for using things! You make the rest of us look...well...not so imaginative!

Hope the wedding plans are going okay! I know how stressful that can be at Holiday time! xo Diana

Polly said...

that is super cute Cindy!! are you selling your stuff at Amy's shop? If so, good for you!! Happy wedding planning!!

Polly

Janet said...

Aww, he's so cute! I love how you put this together, it's so creative and fun!

Jaime Lyn said...

so so cool and clever my friend! I love that it is so different from anything I have seen!!! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!
Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

Marianne said...

He is cute. Wonderful how you just wipped that right up. You creative chick!

artistico said...

i love this cute fantastic snowman decor ... my kids when see it from your blog told me to make something like this ..lol ...I love how you put this together and everything looks perfect ... and you are right this snowman is pretty spiffy on your door!!!!!

Art Canvas

artistico said...

also if you dont mind i created a backlink from this post in my blog back to you .. also i share your blog in my twitter .. i love your bog :)
wall decor

Sonnie said...

Cute and so imaginative! Love the burlap rosettes.
Hope the wedding plans are coming along!

RhettDidntGiveADamn said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing and I'm loving your blog! xo

Amy W. said...

Mr. Snowman received many compliments and went home to his NEW family within only a couple days. :)

Cindy, it's a joy 'working' with you and chatting it up creatively. ;)

~Amy

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh he's adorable! I like the contrasting burlaps!

Eileen @ Cottage Beach House said...

This is a really cute snowman, Cindy. I am so not ready for any snow yet either. But I am ready for the decor. I love it!

the cape on the corner said...

i just got to this post in my reader-i'm super behind. i had to tell you how adorable this snowman is! i love it, it's the perfect thing for all winter long, but also for my 2 religion household...you can't go wrong with this!

Zane Wooder said...

All your missing is the eyes, nose and month. If you had that then it would be a full snowman.

-Zane of ontario honey

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails